The latest report from Abuja police force headquarters reveals that the Investigating Police Officer (IPO) incharge of the murder case at Isu LGA, where Maduabuchi Ahamefula was shot dead by a trigger happy security operative allegedly at the promptings of one Chief Henry Ihejiuba (aka Okeosisi) is reportedly dead, few days after he submitted a damning report exonerating the suspects from the killing of late Maduabuchi Ahamefula, who was until he was suspended from office by Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, a Supervisory Councilor in Isu LGA.

The deceased(namewithheld), who was incharge of homicide at the force headquarters, Abuja was found dead in the early hours of Thursday, April 9, 2020. The mysterious death has defied all explanations thus throwing the Abuja Police community into shock.

A source revealed that the sum of One Million Naira (N1 million) and a brand new handset were allegedly offered to the IPO by the murder suspects to secure their release which was affected on Monday, April 7, 2020. The suspects have since arrived Imo State to start threatening the life of the mother of later Maduabuchi Ahamefula and her daughter-inlaw, who is presently pregnant for daring to identify them as the masterminds of the murder incident.

Earlier at the State Police Command in Owerri, one of the IPOs(namewithheld) handling the same matter of murder of Ahamefula Maduabuchi also died mysteriously following a complicity and attempt to secure the release on bail of Okeosisi, and his henchmen before Abuja intervened and ordered the release of their case files to Abuja.

 It was curious however that rather than arraign the murder suspects in court, they were released unconditionally with a letter addressed to the Imo State Commissioner of Police exonerating them from any complicity in the murder case and barring the police from further arresting and prosecuting them. 

Effort to  connect the phone number of the Assistant commissioner of police was unsuccessful as the number was switched off..

Late Maduabuchi Ahamefula was a Supervisory Councilor at Isu LGA prior to the suspension of all the elected Chairmen and Councilors of the 27 LGAs by Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha. Following the Supreme Court order barring Governors and lawmakers from either appointing caretaker committees for the LGAs or suspending those elected, he joined others to resume work at Isu LGA that fateful day before he was ordered shot allegedly by Chief Henry Ihejiuba, aka Okeosisi.