1. Imo CP

    Latest report has it that the former Security Adviser for Orlu zone to ex-governor Emeka Ihedioha, Chief Henry Ihejiuba popularly known as Okeosisi was over the weekend transferred to Abuja for possible arraignment or more investigation over his involvement in the gruesome murder of Mr Ahamefule Maduabuchukwu who before his death, was among the suspended councilors of the LGA, who acted in accordance with a Supreme Court verdict to go back to their offices.

The source revealed that a melo drama played out when on realizing that he has a case to answer, Okeosisi through his friends allegedly engaged a spiritualist to follow him to Abuja with belief that the Spiritualist could influence his immediate release from Abuja, all to no avail.

It was also gathered that over N2.8 Million was expended to secure Okeosisi’s release through a police contact but the efforts including the employment of a juju priest failed at the end of the day.

According to a lawyer who spoke to Community Watchdog Newspaper reporter, Okeosisi has a case to answer. He cited the principle of vicarious liability which spells out the servant and principal’s relationship. He stated that the law shifts liability to the principal who authorizes the act.

He said, “the same applies to Okeosisi case as those who handled the guns were not licensed to do so but were empowered by Okeosisi who the suspects said mandated them to disperse the protesters at Isu LGA”.

It would be recalled that the suspended local government chairmen and councilors who were suspended by ex-governor Emeka Ihedioha had on the 6th of January, 2020, protested their suspension, asking the then governor to reinstate them, in line with the Supreme Court ruling. In Isu, some security operatives said to be on the payroll and control of Chief Henry  Ihejuba alias Okeosisi opened fire at the protesters and shot one of them who died instantly while others sustained grievous injuries and are still receiving treatments in hospitals today.

Since the incident, it was gathered that neither Okeosisi nor the then government reached out to the deceased family. Recently when police after the outcry of the people intervened and arrested Okeosisi, while others are still at large.