The governor of Imo State, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha has announced a list of more appointees with his campaign youth co-ordinator and former IMSU Students Union President, (SUG) Comrade Rex Okoro; named Special Assistant (Youth).
In the latest release on the now piecemeal appointments which will probably be concluded with those of commissioners, the underlisted were captured. They include the son of former Governor,Ikedi Ohakim, Emeka who was appointed Special Assistant (SA) Abuja Liaison and Dr Mrs Kema Chikwes son, Nnaeto, also as Special Assistant (SA) to the Lagos Liaison. Another major appointment was that of cerebral writer and opinion analyst Ogubundu Nwadike, as Special Assistant on Research. The list are as follows:
1. Chikere Okereke – Senior Special Assistant (Special Duties)
2. Ogechukwu Irono – Senior Special Assistant (Youth Empowerment and Devt.)
3. Chinedu Okparaeke – Senior Special Assistant (Strategic Planning and Partnership)
4. Gilbert Okolie – Senior Special Assistant (Electoral Matters)
5. Benneth Duru – Special Assistant (Inter-Party Affairs)
6. Ogubundu Nwadike – Special Assistant (Research)
7. Rex Okoro – Special Assistant (Youths)
8. Emeka Ohakim-Special Assistant (Abuja Liaison)
9. Naeto Chikwe – Special Assistant (Lagos Liaison)
According to the governors Chief Press Secretary, Chibuike Onyeukwu, the governor wishes the appointees well as he is confident that they will bring their wealth of experience (if any) and youthful zeal to bear in their respective political offices, towards the successful realization of the Rebuild Imo project.