Following the ceremony of NANS @ 40 that held in Abuja at NUC Secretariat, the National leadership of National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS honoured the Vice-Chancellor of Federal University of Technology, Owerri Prof. Nnenna N. Oti for her achievements within one year in office.
NANS among other considerations opined that Oti’s administration has achieved high level of infrastructural development, staff and students’ welfare and most importantly, academic excellence.
According to NANS,the achievements are not limited to the outlined projects below;
“1) On her assumption of office , Oti visited all units, schools, directorates etc to encourage and motivate staff and students for greater productivity.
“2) Lost and stolen university vast expanse of lands were fully recovered and being fenced.
“3) Electricity restored on campus via FUTO ALUMNI ELDERS.
4) FUTO main entrance gate totally reconstructed and remodeled.
5) Failed, dilapidated and impassable FUTO/OBINZE ROAD completely rehabilitated via FERMA.
6) Promotion letters released timely and arrears paid to staff concerned.
7) Staff, Heads of Departments, Units, Schools, Directorates and students at their best.
8) Transcript unit accorded the urgent attention it deserves and the following provided:a) computersb) New power generating setc) Bigger accommodationd) additional man power for better service delivery and e) committee set to resolve once and for all problems associated with transcript in the university.These reduced drastically the time spent on processing transcripts.
9) Arrangements concluded to revolutionize agriculture in FUTO for the benefits of all.
10) Staff received payment of minimum wage arrears promptly unlike some other universities.
11) About 35 Concept notes approved for the university.
12) All departments that faced accreditations were fully successful. Full accreditations to the glory of God.
13) 100% success in resource verifications for new programmes.
14) Harmonious working relationship with all unions on campus.
15) Peaceful co-existence with host communities.
16) Assistant Lecturers to Senior Lecturers given brand new state of the art laptops to start the year 2023.
17) Our professors started this month of Jubilee with the gift of brand new e-pads with one year data subscription for higher productivity and in appreciation for their services.
18) Staff welfare given top priority. Access to the VC is unprecedented. At least we interact with her regularly on our various ASUU platforms.
19) Problems confronted headlong.20) Construction of the medical school and teaching hospital to commence soonest.
Repositioning of the university for greater service delivery and centre of excellence.
22) FUTO in safe hands.23) Appointment of our Amiable VC into the Presidential Council on Digital Economy by the President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.24) Consolidation of Culture of Excellence25) the refurbishing and renovation of all hostels in the campus.
Add other ones you remember.It’s been:a) Great 365 days of greater accomplishments.b) Unique 52 weeks of higher achievements.c) Remarkable 12 months of remarkable results.d) Special 1year of outstanding projects.e) Consolidation period with visible difference as staff are empowered with laptops, e-pads and other necessary tools to excel and achieve the impossible. FUTO must be better. The later rain must be greater than the former. Congratulations Mom for willingly working for FUTO.